CHICAGO — Courtesy of the Texans’ public relations staff, notes from halftime at Soldier Field, where the Texans lead the Chicago Bears 10-3:
· Scored a field goal following a fumble recovery in the first quarter. It was Houston’s 15th takeaway of the season and the 11th time the team scored following a takeaway. Houston has scored 57 points off of its 17 takeaways this season.
· Opened the scoring for the fifth game this season when K Shayne Graham connected on a 20-yard field goal in the first quarter.
· Led at the end of the first quarter for the sixth time this season.
· Forced three turnovers in the first quarter, which is the most in team history in the opening period. The Texans have previously forced two turnovers in the first quarter seven times, most recently on 9/11/11 vs. Indianapolis.
· Forced three turnovers in quarter for the third time in team history and the second time this season. Houston forced four turnovers in the second quarter of the season opener vs. Miami (9/9) and forced three turnovers in the fourth quarter at Oakland on 12/3/06.
· Forced four turnovers (two interceptions, two fumble recoveries) in the first half, to tie a franchise record for turnovers forced in the first half of a game. The Texans also forced four turnovers in the first half against Miami in the 2012 season opener on 9/9/12.
ILB TIM DOBBINS
· Recovered his first fumble of the season and the fourth of his career when he picked up a fumble on the first play of the game. He returned the fumble 28 yards.
RB JUSTIN FORSETT
· Turned in his longest run of the season when he picked up 25 yards on a second-quarter carry. It was Forsett’s longest run since 2010 with Seattle.
RB ARIAN FOSTER
· Scored a touchdown in his 11th consecutive regular-season game when he caught a 3-yard touchdown pass from QB Matt Schaub in the second quarter. The touchdown catch was his second of the season and the sixth of his career.
ILB BRADIE JAMES
· Recovered a fumble in the first quarter. It was his first fumble recovery as a Texan and the 13th of his career.
CB KAREEM JACKSON
· Intercepted his fourth pass of the season in the second quarter. It was the seventh interception of his career. Jackson is now tied for fourth with Jason Allen (2010-11) on the franchise’s all-time interception list.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Extended his franchise-record streak of consecutive games with a reception to 91 with an 11-yard catch in the first quarter.
· Caught the 750th pass of his career when he hauled in an 8-yard pass in the second quarter. Johnson entered the game with 748 career receptions.
· Passed Hall of Fame WRs Michael Irvin and Charlie Joiner with his 751st career reception, his third catch of the game.
SS DANIEAL MANNING
· Forced a fumble on the first defensive play of the game. It was his first forced fumble of the season, his first as a Texan and the seventh of his career.
· Tied his career high with his second interception of the season when he picked off Chicago QB Jay Cutler in the first quarter. It was his 11th career interception. Manning also had two interceptions in 2006, 2007 and 2011.
FS GLOVER QUIN
· Forced a fumble in the first quarter. It was his second forced fumble of the season and the second of his career. He also forced a fumble in the season opener vs. Miami (9/9).
LG WADE SMITH
· Started the 75th game of his career.
· Inactive players for the Texans were G Brandon Brooks, CB Roc Carmichael, NT Shaun Cody, TE Owen Daniels, SSTroy Nolan, RB Ben Tate and G Cody White.
· Captains for the Texans were ILB Tim Dobbins, WR Andre Johnson, FS Shiloh Keo, C Chris Myers, QB Matt Schaub, DE Antonio Smith and DE J.J. Watt. Schaub and Johnson went to midfield for the pregame coin toss.
· The Bears won the toss and elected to defer their option until the second half.
Tags: Andre Johnsonn, Arian Foster, Bradie James, Danieal Manning, Game notes, Glover Quin, Justin Forsett, Kareem Jackson, Texans-Bears Week 10, Tim Dobbins, Wade Smith
Posted in Nick Scurfield | No Comments »