Courtesy of the Texans’ media relations staff, notes from the first quarter at Reliant Stadium, where the Texans lead the Cincinnati Bengals 3-0 in the Wild Card round of the playoffs:
· Scored first for the 10th time this season and for the first time in team postseason history when they took a 3-0 lead on K Shayne Graham’s 48-yard field goal in the first quarter.
· Led after the first quarter for the first time in team playoff history and for the ninth time overall this year.
ILB CAMERON COLLINS
· Made his professional debut when he took the field on the opening kickoff. Collins was signed from the Texans’ practice squad on Friday, Jan. 4.
TE OWEN DANIELS
· Extended his streak of consecutive games with a reception to 84, including regular season and postseason games, with an 8-yard catch in the first quarter.
K SHAYNE GRAHAM
· Connected on a 48-yard field goal in the first quarter. It was the longest postseason field goal in his career and was also the longest in Texans history in postseason play. Graham’s previous long in the playoffs was a 35-yard kick on 1/16/11 in an AFC Divisional Playoff as a New England Patriot against the New York Jets. The previous long in Texans history was a 40-yarder by K Neil Rackers at Baltimore on 1/15/12 in an AFC Divisional Playoff.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Extended his franchise-record streak of consecutive games with a reception to 99, including regular season and postseason games, with a 19-yard catch in the first quarter.
QB MATT SCHAUB
· Made his playoff debut as a starter. He played briefly in the 2005 NFC Championship Game with the Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia (1/23/05) but did not record any statistics.
DE J.J. WATT
· Sacked Cincinnati QB Andy Dalton for a 9-yard loss in the first quarter, raising his career postseason sack total to 4.5. Watt has recorded at least one sack in all three of his career postseason games.
· The following players made their playoff debuts in the game: G Brandon Brooks, DE Jared Crick, TE Garrett Graham, CB Brandon Harris, T Ryan Harris, G Ben Jones, P Donnie Jones, WR Keshawn Martin, S Eddie Pleasant and WR DeVier Posey.
· Inactive players for the Texans were G Antoine Caldwell, CB Roc Carmichael, FB Tyler Clutts, T Andrew Gardner, NT Terrell McClain, CB Stanford Routt and G Cody White.
· Captains for the Texans were ILB Tim Dobbins, WR Andre Johnson, FS Shiloh Keo, C Chris Myers, QB Matt Schaub, DE Antonio Smith and DE J.J. Watt. Schaub, Johnson and Smith went to midfield for the pregame coin toss.
· The Texans won the toss and elected to receive the opening kickoff.
Tags: Andre Johnson, Cameron Collins, Game notes, J.J. Watt, Matt Schaub, Owen Daniels, Shayne Graham, Texans-Bengals Wild Card Game
Posted in Nick Scurfield | No Comments »