INDIANAPOLIS — Courtesy of the Texans’ public relations staff, notes from the second quarter at Lucas Oil Stadium, where the Texans trail the Indianapolis Colts 14-6:
DE J.J. WATT
· Remained two sacks shy of Michael Strahan’s single-season NFL sack record (22.5) set in 2001. Watt entered the game with 20.5 sacks.
· Trailed at halftime for the second week in a row and the fifth time this season. Houston is 1-3 this season when trailing at intermission.
K SHAYNE GRAHAM
· Booted a 37-yard field goal in the second quarter which raised his season point total to a career-high 134. His previous high was 131 points in 2005 for Cincinnati.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Surpassed 1,500 receiving yards for the third time in his career, joining Hall of Famer Jerry Rice (4) and Marvin Harrison (3) as the only players in NFL history to surpass the 1,500-yard mark three or more times. Johnson topped the milestone on a 39-yard catch in the second quarter.
· Joined Marvin Harrison (1999, 2001, 2002) as the only players in NFL history to record three seasons with more than 100 receptions and 1,500 receiving yards.
SS DANIEAL MANNING
· Returned a kickoff for the first time this season, picking up 18 yards on the return.
Tags: Andre Johnson, Danieal Manning, J.J. Watt, Shayne Graham
Posted in Nick Scurfield | 1 Comment »