INDIANAPOLIS — Courtesy of the Texans’ public relations staff, notes from the first quarter at Lucas Oil Stadium, where the Texans trail the Indianapolis Colts 7-3:
DE J.J. WATT
· Remained two sacks shy of Michael Strahan’s single-season NFL sack record (22.5) set in 2001. Watt entered the game with 20.5 sacks.
· Trailed at the end of the first quarter for the second consecutive game and the sixth time this season. Houston is 2-3 this season when trailing after the opening period.
HEAD COACH GARY KUBIAK
· Challenged a play in the first quarter, arguing that the Indianapolis defense had 12 players on the field. Kubiak lost the challenge, dropping his record on coaches’ challenges to 1-2 on the season and 13-29 for his career.
TE OWEN DANIELS
· Extended his streak of consecutive games with a reception to 83 with a 6-yard catch in the first quarter.
K SHAYNE GRAHAM
· Tied his season long with a 51-yard field goal in the first quarter. It was Graham’s fourth field goal of 50 yards or longer this season, which is a career single-season high. He had three 50+ yard field goals in 2004 for Cincinnati.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Extended his franchise-record streak of consecutive games with a reception to 98 with a 8-yard catch in the first quarter.
· Inactive players for the Texans were CB Alan Ball, G Antoine Caldwell, T Andrew Gardner, NT Terrell McClain, OLB Brooks Reed, CB Stanford Routt and G Cody White.
· Captains for the Texans were ILB Tim Dobbins, WR Andre Johnson, FS Shiloh Keo, C Chris Myers, QB Matt Schaub, DE Antonio Smith and DE J.J. Watt. Schaub, Johnson and Smith went to midfield for the pregame coin toss.
· The Colts won the toss and elected to receive the opening kickoff.
Tags: Andre Johnson, Game notes, Gary Kubiak, Owen Daniels, Shayne Graham, Texans-Colts Week 17
Posted in Nick Scurfield | No Comments »