Courtesy of the Texans’ media relations staff, notes from the third quarter at Reliant Stadium, where the Texans trail the Minnesota Vikings 16-6:
· Raised $34,400 at the team’s gameday silent auction. The team announced on Friday that it would donate the proceeds from the auction to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund. Texans owner Bob McNair pledged to match the amount raised at the auction, meaning that he and his team will donate $68,800 to the fund.
· Tied a franchise single-season record by recovering their 13th fumble of the season. It was the 29th takeaway overall this season for Houston, which is one shy of the team record of 30 set in 2004.
· Trailed at the end of the third quarter for the fourth time this season. Houston is 1-2 this season when trailing going into the fourth quarter.
ILB BRADIE JAMES
· Recovered a fumble in the third quarter. It was his second fumble recovery of the season and the 14th of his career.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Caught his 100th pass of the season, becoming the fifth player in NFL history to catch 100 or more passes in four seasons. He reached the century mark on his seventh catch of the game, a gain of 14 yards in the third quarter.
DE J.J. WATT
· Became the ninth player in NFL history to record 20 or more sacks in a season when he sacked Minnesota QB Christian Ponder for a loss of 3 yards in the third quarter. The sack gave him 20.5 on the season.
· Forced a fumble in his fourth consecutive game. It was his fourth of the season, tying a franchise single-season record.
Tags: Andre Johnson, Bradie James, Game notes, J.J. Watt, Texans-Vikings Week 16
Posted in Nick Scurfield | 1 Comment »