Courtesy of the Texans’ media relations staff, notes from halftime in Week 15 at Reliant Stadium, where the Texans lead the Indianapolis Colts 20-10:
· Scored on their first possession for the sixth time this season, capping their opening drive with a 29-yard field goal from K Shayne Graham. The Texans are 5-0 thus far this season when scoring on their opening possession.
· Scored first for the eighth time this season. The Texans are 7-0 thus far when opening the scoring.
· Led after the first quarter for the eighth time this season. The Texans are 7-0 this season when leading after the opening period.
· Led at halftime for the tenth time this season. The Texans are 9-0 this season when leading at halftime.
· Forced their 28th turnover of the season when DE J.J. Watt forced a fumble at the goal line and ILB Tim Dobbins recovered the ball.
OLB BRYAN BRAMAN
· Blocked his second punt of the season, setting a team-single season record, and recovered it for the first touchdown of his career in the second quarter.
TE OWEN DANIELS
· Extended his streak of consecutive games with a reception to 81 with an 8-yard catch in the first quarter.
ILB TIM DOBBINS
· Recovered a fumble for the fourth time this season, setting a team single-season record, when he fell on the ball near the Houston goal line in the second quarter.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Extended his franchise-record streak of consecutive games with a reception to 96 with a 9-yard catch on the first play of the game.
· Caught his fourth touchdown pass of the season when he hauled in a 3-yard pass from QB Matt Schaub in the first quarter.
· Caught four passes for 74 yards and a touchdown in the first quarter. The yardage total was tied for the second-most in the opening quarter in a game in his career. He previously had 74 yards on three catches earlier this year vs. Jacksonville (11/18). His career high for first-quarter yardage is 77 yards vs. Seattle on 12/13/09.
· Caught seven passes for 102 yards for his 43rd career 100-yard game and his fifth of the season.
C CHRIS MYERS
· Started his 78th consecutive game for the Texans, moving him past DE/OLB Mario Williams for third on the franchise’s all-time consecutive starts list.
WR DEVIER POSEY
· Caught a pass for the second week in a row when he hauled in a 36-yard throw from QB Matt Schaub in the second quarter. Posey had a 19-yard catch in Week 14 at New England (12/10).
FS GLOVER QUIN
· Knocked down a pass on Indianapolis’ first drive to force a punt. The pass defensed was his 14th of the season, matching a career high. He also had 14 passes defensed in 2010.
QB MATT SCHAUB
· Threw his 120th career touchdown pass and his 22nd of the season when he hit WR Andre Johnson for a 3-yard score in the first quarter.
DE ANTONIO SMITH
· Sacked Indianapolis QB Andrew Luck for a 9-yard loss in the first quarter. The sack gave Smith 6.0 on the season, leaving him a half-sack shy of his career high of 6.5 set in 2011.
DE J.J. WATT
· Sacked Indianapolis QB Andrew Luck for a 15-yard loss in the first quarter, raising his season total to 17.5.
· Forced a fumble for the third consecutive game when he jarred the ball out of Indianapolis RB Mewelde Moore’s arms at the goal line in the second quarter.
· Sacked Luck for a 3-yard loss in the second quarter, giving him his seventh multi-sack game this season.
· Inactive players for the Texans were CB Alan Ball, G Antoine Caldwell, T Andrew Gardner, RB Jonathan Grimes, NT Terrell McClain, OLB Brooks Reed and G Cody White.
· Captains for the Texans were ILB Tim Dobbins, WR Andre Johnson, FS Shiloh Keo, C Chris Myers, QB Matt Schaub, DE Antonio Smith and DE J.J. Watt. Schaub, Johnson and Smith went to midfield for the pregame coin toss.
· The Texans won the toss and elected to receive the opening kickoff.
Tags: Andre Johnson, Antonio Smith, Bryan Braman, Chris Myers, DeVier Posey, Glover Quin, J.J. Watt, Matt Schaub, Owen Daniels, Tim Dobbins
Posted in Nick Scurfield | No Comments »