Courtesy of the Texans’ media relations staff, notes from the first quarter in Week 15 at Reliant Stadium, where the Texans lead the Indianapolis Colts 10-0:
· Scored on their first possession for the sixth time this season, capping their opening drive with a 29-yard field goal from K Shayne Graham. The Texans are 5-0 thus far this season when scoring on their opening possession.
· Scored first for the eighth time this season. The Texans are 7-0 thus far when opening the scoring.
· Led after the first quarter for the eighth time this season. The Texans are 7-0 this season when leading after the opening period.
TE OWEN DANIELS
· Extended his streak of consecutive games with a reception to 81 with an 8-yard catch in the first quarter.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Extended his franchise-record streak of consecutive games with a reception to 96 with a 9-yard catch on the first play of the game.
· Caught his fourth touchdown pass of the season when he hauled in a 3-yard pass from QB Matt Schaub in the first quarter.
· Caught four passes for 74 yards and a touchdown in the first quarter. The yardage total was tied for the second-most in the opening quarter in a game in his career. He previously had 74 yards on three catches earlier this year vs. Jacksonville (11/18). His career high for first-quarter yardage is 77 yards vs. Seattle on 12/13/09.
FS GLOVER QUIN
· Knocked down a pass on Indianapolis’ first drive to force a punt. The pass defensed was his 14th of the season, matching a career high. He also had 14 passes defensed in 2010.
QB MATT SCHAUB
· Threw his 120th career touchdown pass and his 22nd of the season when he hit WR Andre Johnson for a 3-yard score in the first quarter.
DE ANTONIO SMITH
· Sacked Indianapolis QB Andrew Luck for a 9-yard loss in the first quarter. The sack gave Smith 6.0 on the season, leaving him a half-sack shy of his career high of 6.5 set in 2011.
DE J.J. WATT
· Sacked Indianapolis QB Andrew Luck for a 15-yard loss in the first quarter, raising his season total to 17.5.
· Inactive players for the Texans were CB Alan Ball, G Antoine Caldwell, T Andrew Gardner, RB Jonathan Grimes, NT Terrell McClain, OLB Brooks Reed and G Cody White.
· Captains for the Texans were ILB Tim Dobbins, WR Andre Johnson, FS Shiloh Keo, C Chris Myers, QB Matt Schaub, DE Antonio Smith and DE J.J. Watt. Schaub, Johnson and Smith went to midfield for the pregame coin toss.
· The Texans won the toss and elected to receive the opening kickoff.
Tags: Andre Johnson, Antonio Smith, Game notes, Glover Quin, J.J. Watt, Matt Schaub, Owen Daniels, Texans-Colts Week 15
Posted in Nick Scurfield | 1 Comment »