FOXBORO — Courtesy of the Texans’ public relations staff, notes from the third quarter at Gillette Stadium, where the Texans trail 28-7:
· Trailed after three quarters for the third time this season. Houston is 1-1 this season when trailing going into the final period.
FB JAMES CASEY
· Caught a 30-yard pass in the third quarter, matching his long for the season. He also had a 30-yard catch in Week 5 at the New York Jets (10/8), also on Monday Night Football.
RB ARIAN FOSTER
· Established a season high with 39 receiving yards in the game, bettering his previous high of 37 yards from Week 2 at Jacksonville (9/16).
· Scored his 14th rushing touchdown of the season and his 16th touchdown overall on a 1-yard scoring run in the third quarter.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Surpassed 1,200 receiving yards in a season for the fourth time in his career, topping the milestone on his seventh catch, a gain of 5 yards in the third quarter. Johnson entered the game with 1,114 yards on the year. He also tied Gary Clark for 29th on the NFL’s all-time receiving yardage list with 10,856 career yards with that catch
OLB WHITNEY MERCILUS
· Sacked New England QB Tom Brady for a 7-yard loss in the third quarter. The sack gave him 6.0 on the season, tying the franchise rookie sack record set by OLB Brooks Reed in 2011.
Tags: Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, Game notes, James Casey, Texans-Patriots Week 14, Whitney Mercilus
Posted in Nick Scurfield | No Comments »