FOXBORO — Courtesy of the Texans’ public relations staff, notes from the first quarter at Gillette Stadium, where the Texans trail 14-0 after the first quarter:
· Failed to score first for the sixth time this season. Houston is 4-1 when allowing its opponents to score first thus far this season.
· Trailed after one quarter for the fourth time this season. Houston is 2-1 when trailing after the opening period thus far this season.
TE OWEN DANIELS
· Extended his streak of consecutive games with a reception to 80 with a 13-yard catch in the first quarter.
RB JUSTIN FORSETT
· Caught his 100th career pass on a 14-yard screen pass in the first quarter. Forsett entered the game with 99 career receptions in five seasons.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Extended his franchise-record streak of consecutive games with a reception to 95 with an 8-yard catch in the first quarter.
NT EARL MITCHELL
· Forced a fumble in the first quarter. It was his first career forced fumble.
· Inactive players for the Texans were CB Alan Ball, G Antoine Caldwell TE Garrett Graham, NT Terrell McClain, RT Derek Newton, OLB Brooks Reed and G Cody White.
· Captains for the Texans were ILB Tim Dobbins, WR Andre Johnson, FS Shiloh Keo, C Chris Myers, QB Matt Schaub, DE Antonio Smith and DE J.J. Watt. Schaub, Johnson, Smith and Watt went to midfield for the pregame coin toss. ILB Brian Cushing, who is on the reserved/injured list, joined his fellow captains at midfield.
· The Patriots won the toss and deferred their option until the second half. Houston received the opening kickoff.
Tags: Andre Johnson, Earl Mitchell, Game notes, Justin Forsett, Owen Daniels, Texans-Patriots Week 14
Posted in Nick Scurfield | 1 Comment »