DETROIT — Courtesy of the Texans’ public relations staff, notes from the second quarter of Week 12 at Ford Field, where the Texans trail the Lions 21-14:
· Trailed at halftime for the second time this season. Houston is 0-1 this season when trailing at intermission.
G BRANDON BROOKS
· Made his professional debut when he took the field as part of the kick protection unit on an extra point in the second quarter. He was inactive for Houston’s first 10 games this season.
TE OWEN DANIELS
· Caught his career-best sixth touchdown pass of the season when he hauled in a 9-yard scoring throw from QB Matt Schaub in the second quarter. Daniels had five touchdowns in 2006 and 2009.
RB ARIAN FOSTER
· Scored his 40th career rushing touchdown on a 6-yard run in the second quarter. The touchdown was his 11th of the year on the ground and his 13th overall this season.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Passed Hall of Fame RB Marshall Faulk (767) for 26th on the NFL’s all-time reception list and WR Keyshawn Johnson (10,571) for 31st on the League’s all-time receiving yards list when he juggled and caught a 43-yard pass in the second quarter. The reception gave him 768 catches for 10,606 yards.
QB MATT SCHAUB
· Threw his 19th touchdown pass of the season and the 117th of his career when he hit TE Owen Daniels for a 9-yard score in the second quarter.
DE ANTONIO SMITH
· Established a career single-season high with his third pass defensed of the year when he tipped a pass by Detroit QB Matt Stafford on the first play of the second quarter. Smith had two passes defensed in 2010 and 2011.
Tags: Andre Johnson, Antonio Smith, Arian Foster, Brandon Brooks, Game notes, Owen Daniels, Texans-Lions Week 12
Posted in Nick Scurfield | 2 Comments »