CHICAGO — Courtesy of the Texans’ public relations staff, notes from the first quarter at Soldier Field, where the Texans lead the Chicago Bears 3-0:
· Scored a field goal following a fumble recovery in the first quarter. It was Houston’s 15th takeaway of the season and the 11th time the team scored following a takeaway. Houston has scored 57 points off of its 17 takeaways this season.
· Opened the scoring for the fifth game this season when K Shayne Graham connected on a 20-yard field goal in the first quarter.
· Led at the end of the first quarter for the sixth time this season.
· Forced three turnovers in the first quarter, which is the most in team history in the opening period. The Texans have previously forced two turnovers in the first quarter seven times, most recently on 9/11/11 vs. Indianapolis.
ILB TIM DOBBINS
· Recovered his first fumble of the season and the fourth of his career when he picked up a fumble on the first play of the game. He returned the fumble 28 yards.
ILB BRADIE JAMES
· Recovered a fumble in the first quarter. It was his first fumble recovery as a Texan and the 13th of his career.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Extended his franchise-record streak of consecutive games with a reception to 91 with an 11-yard catch in the first quarter.
· Caught the 750th pass of his career when he hauled in an 8-yard pass in the second quarter. Johnson entered the game with 748 career receptions.
· Passed Hall of Fame WRs Michael Irvin and Charlie Joiner with his 751st career reception, his third catch of the game.
SS DANIEAL MANNING
· Forced a fumble on the first defensive play of the game. It was his first forced fumble of the season, his first as a Texan and the seventh of his career.
· Tied his career high with his second interception of the season when he picked off Chicago QB Jay Cutler in the first quarter. It was his 11th career interception. Manning also had two interceptions in 2006, 2007 and 2011.
FS GLOVER QUIN
· Forced a fumble in the first quarter. It was his second forced fumble of the season and the second of his career. He also forced a fumble in the season opener vs. Miami (9/9).
· Inactive players for the Texans included G Brandon Brooks, CB Roc Carmichael, NT Shaun Cody, TE Owen Daniels, SS Troy Nolan, RB Ben Tate and G Cody White.
· Captains for the Texans were ILB Tim Dobbins, WR Andre Johnson, FS Shiloh Keo, C Chris Myers, QB Matt Schaub, DE Antonio Smith and DE J.J. Watt. Schaub and Johnson went to midfield for the pregame coin toss.
· The Bears won the toss and elected to defer their option until the second half.
Tags: Andre Johnson, Bradie James, Danieal Manning, Game notes, Glover Quin, Texans-Bears Week 10
Posted in Nick Scurfield | No Comments »