Courtesy of the Texans’ public relations staff, notes from the second quarter at Reliant Stadium, where the Texans lead the Baltimore Ravens 29-3:
· Scored a defensive touchdown for the third time this season, which for the second-most in team history. Houston also scored three defensive touchdowns in 2002 and 2009, and had five scores on defense in 2004.
· Scored the second-most points in the first half in team history with 29. The team record is 34 points in the first half vs. Indianapolis on 9/11/11.
· Made a field goal in their 17th consecutive game when K Shayne Graham hit a 33-yard attempt in the second quarter.
· Scored 10 points off of two takeaways. On the season, Houston has scored 51 points off of 13 takeaways.
· Scored 20 points in the second quarter, which was the third-most in the period in team history and most since the team tied the club record with 24 points in the second quarter vs. Miami on 9/9.
TE OWEN DANIELS
· Caught his fourth touchdown pass of the season and the 24th of his career when he hauled in a 1-yard scoring pass from QB Matt Schaub in the second quarter. Four touchdowns are the third-most in his career, behind a pair of five-touchdown seasons (2006 and 2009).
· Set a season single-game high before halftime with seven catches, topping his previous high of six catches, which he did twice, at Jacksonville (9/16) and vs. Tennessee (9/30).
K SHAYNE GRAHAM
· Made his 12th straight field goal attempt when he hit a 33-yarder in the second quarter. His streak is tied for the third-longest in team history.
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
· Passed Hall of Fame TE Shannon Sharpe for (10,060 yards) on his sixth catch of the game, a gain of 13 yards in the second quarter. Johnson entered the game with 10,014 yards, leaving him 47 yards behind Sharpe.
CB JOHNATHAN JOSEPH
· Intercepted his second pass of the season and the 20th of his career when he picked off Baltimore QB Joe Flacco on the first play of the second quarter.
· Returned the interception 52 yards for a touchdown, his first as a Texan and the fourth score of his career. The 52-yard return was the longest of his career.
FS GLOVER QUIN
· Intercepted his first pass of the season and the fourth of his career when he picked off a deflected pass in the second quarter. Quin had all three previous interceptions on 11/28/10 vs. Tennessee.
QB MATT SCHAUB
· Threw his second touchdown pass of the game and his 10th of the year when he hit TE Owen Daniels from a yard out in the second quarter. It was Schaub’s third multi-touchdown game this season and his first since 9/30 vs. Tennessee.
· Completed 12 consecutive passes in the first and second quarters. It was the fourth-longest streak in team history and the second-longest streak in his career, trailing one of 16 straight completions over two games in 2007 (9/23/07-9/30/07).
DE J.J. WATT
· Recorded his ninth pass defensed on the season when he tipped a pass from Baltimore QB Joe Flacco on the first play of the second quarter.
· Caused an interception for the fourth time this season when CB Johnathan Joseph picked off a pass he tipped and returned it 52 yards for a touchdown.
· Became the first defensive lineman in NFL history with nine passes defensed through seven games in a season.
Tags: Game notes, Texans-Ravens Week 7
Posted in Nick Scurfield | No Comments »